Monday, November 15, 2010

Through the Looking Glass of Disney

So a couple days after my birthday my host mom and little brother took me to the top of the mountain where, from most parts of the city, you can see this giant T.V. tower (it's even lit up at night). We took the Metro into downtown and then caught a bus to the top of the mountain. That was my first experience on the bus. We were crammed in there like sardines, I ended up standing on the wheel well for part of the ride. Some smelly guy with a box, taking up a lot of space was standing next to me and everyone was giving him stink eye because he was hogging so much of the space. Fun times. Anyway, when we reached the top of the hill...come to find out, there was an amusement park of sorts up there called Mtatsminda Park.  This place was very interesting to say the least.

This was the entrance to the park, the first thing you see.

Can I lend you a hand?
A fountain, a metal tree, me and my cute little host brother.  
 
This guy was sneaky sneaky but you could really get into his brain.
Creepy Micky...what do you think?
Guess what this is...yep, you got it, it's the bathroom.

It did have a very nice view of the city up there.
            That is the biggest church in Georgia.

The evening before I took a walk to this glass bridge which spans across the river and is a little out of place with the rest of old style Tbilisi.

No comments:

Post a Comment