Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Birthday

October 26th - The director of the school I teach at and the scheduler, our translator, took me out to dinner at nice traditional restaurant for my birthday. I wish I would have taken a picture of the food before we had eaten, but all there is, is the after the fact. You can see the cold khinkali in the middle.
The school director is on my left, our traslator is sitting across 
from me and the other woman is the biology teacher that I 
didn't know as well.

After dinner i wanted to do something so I called a few people to see if they wanted to go play pool. I ended up playing pool with Jiayi (friend from TLG) and Nino (teacher I work with) and then going to this restaurant with live music and super good ice cream.


It was a happy birthday. I forgot to mention that I brought a big bag of candy to school and passed it out to the kids during the breaks and told them happy my birtday. It was gone by the 3rd hour.  Also, one of my 12th grade classes had a surprise for me with a banana cream cake with mega cream frosting and big sparkler coming out of the top when I entered the room. It was the coolest "candle" I have ever seen on a cake. They were very cute and excited to have the cake for me. I also received quite a few articles of jewlery from various people.

No comments:

Post a Comment