Friday, November 26, 2010

My School and Students

I have so much fun at school. I co-teach English with 4 Georgian English teachers. They are all great ladies and the students are great too, they treat me like I'm a superstar.  The school system is very different here than it is in the U.S. The students have 5 to 8 classes a day depending on what grade they're in. They start learning English in the 3rd grade, so I teach from 3rd to 12th grade. I teach, or participate in, 5-6 lessons a day. The classes start at 9 in the morning and are 45 minutes long each, then they have a 10 min break in between each class until their last one. There is no lunch break, so if the kids want a snack they have to bring it with them and eat it during the 10 min between classes. There is a little store right outside the school where they can get fruit or pastry and they just barely opened the cafeteria in the school too. The first day I was there I kept wondering when lunch was so finally I asked and they told me that there wasn't any lunch break. I was dying I was so hungry. Now I've learned to bring a snack or I have to wait it out.

Also, from what I here I am lucky, my school has a teacher's bathroom separate from the kids bathroom, and it has a commode, most I guess just have a hole in the floor type. Either way, I don't touch anything in there anyway. And you have to make sure you bring your own toilet paper otherwise you're S.O.L.

Here are a few pictures of the school, the teachers and the students...I even got some on video.

Two of my co-teachers in the warmest room in the school because the sun actually shines into it.

 The school has 4 floors and this is one of the hallway and the stair well where the little kids jam up and down as fast as they can I'm surprised they haven't fallen or knocked anyone else down.

This class of 12th graders were the one's who surprised me with a cake and a giant sparkler candle coming out of it for my birthday. They are a bit crazy but fun.

The school Director
 During the 10 min breaks the boys are usually fighting in the back of the classroom and the girls are up front chatting.
 
 Out in front of the school, after school, these 3 4th graders were trying their best to communicate with me and not doing half bad. They are cute and some of my favorites.
 Another one of my favorite classes, 8th grade
The glowing kid was doing flips off the wall and the one next to him I like to call Justin Bieber because he slightly resembles him and he hate Justin and all the girls love him.

Check out this action I caught in between classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment