Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Making Georgian Bread

On November 24th I went up to visit my friend Jiayi in her area of the city. We had just started walking up the street when I noticed a shop where I could see them making bread in the downstairs. I stopped to watch for a second and they invited us in to see the process. They even let us participate a bit.

 
 
 They take the dough and spread it on a mold and with the mold they slap the dough on the side of the oven and it sticks.
 It is hot in there and these guys get the bread all the way down the walls of the stove.
 
 
 

These guys were really nice and let me keep the bread I slapped on the wall (somehow they were able to keep track of it). Jiayi went to slap her dough to the side of the oven, freaked out and her dough fell. So all that came out was a lump of burnt dough/bread. So they were nice enough to give her another bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment