Monday, October 25, 2010

2nd Week in Georgia

Some of the group met up in Liberty Square. It was my first time riding on the Metro (subway).  My host mom didn't think I could make it on my own so she rode all the way there with me. Once we were there she could see that I was with other Engish teachers and left me, but she was still worried that I wouldn't be able to make it back home on my own and told me to call when I was on my way. I was pretty confident I could make it so I didn't call. 

This is the escalator in & out of the Metro, I couldn't believe how long it was.
At Liberty Square we waited for about an hour for whoever was coming to come and then walked around the corner and waited some more. We finally had everyone with us so we made our way over to a cafe, sat down and then decided the prices were too high and got up and left. Well, me and a few others decided we didn't want to find a cafe and sit and chat so we went on to explore that part of the city. - October 10, 2010 

The monument in the middle of Liberty Square. 

 A cracked church


Kartlis Deda (Mother Georgia)- she has a bowl of grapes in one hand to welcome friends and sword in the other to warn off enemies.


We hiked up to what I like to call the castle on the hill but what is really called Narikala Fortress. These pictures are taken from there. You can see in the first picture it was a bit of hill and it started sprinkling on our way up so it was a bit slippery as well.

 Can you see the rainbow?

 The view
 The castle


The way up 

 New friends


This monument and these bells were on the top of the castle.
Glass Foot Bridge 
 
Downtown















No comments:

Post a Comment